Florida Injury Attorney :: National Safety Month Week 3: Beware of Your Surroundings
As National Safety month continues throughout the month of June, week 3 focuses on being aware of your surroundings.
According to the National Safety Council’s “Injury Facts” for 2014, contact with objects and equipment was responsible for 15.1 percent of workplace deaths in 2011. This was also the second leading cause of missed days from work in that same year. These injuries can happen due to falling objects or mistakably being hit by a moving vehicle, like a forklift or car.
To help avoid injuries from contact with objects or equipment, the Florida Personal Injury Lawyers at Whittel & Melton recommend the following for situational attentiveness and workplace safety:
- Neatly store any and all materials.
- Store all items at heights that are secure.
- Heavy objects should be stored close to the floor.
- To prevent a tip over, only open one filing cabinet drawer at a time.
- Wear proper attire for your workplace setting, such as steel-toed footwear.
- Do not overload moving equipment.
- Do not operate any machinery or equipment that you are not trained to use.
- Always exercise added caution when coming around corners or when you are near doorways.
- Make sure all safety devices on equipment are in good working order before using them.
- Exercise added caution when walking around corners and near doorways.
The NSC’s mission during the month of June is to prevent unintentional injury and death by drawing attention to safe practices. As part of this effort, our personal injury attorneys in Florida urge everyone to be attentive and conscious of their surroundings.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury or death due to another person’s carelessness or negligence, contact a Florida Personal Injury Attorney at Whittel & Melton for help. Our personal injury law office handles all types of accident, injury and wrongful death cases.
Contact us today statewide and toll-free at 866-608-5529 or use our online contact form. There is no charge for the consultation.